Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to The Ark Day Committee via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|The Ark Day Committee, or us||The Ark Day Committee, a group of professionals whose organisational office is at Dinwoodie Drive, Basingstoke
Hampshire RG24 9NN;
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Ark Day Committee and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Ark Day Committee and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, arkday.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Access to Ark Day Website
You may access all areas of our website without registering your details with us. However to order a fundraising pack, or donate you will need to provide us with certain details. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for access to our website. We grant you access to our website on a temporary basis. We may change the arrangements for access to, deny access to, close or suspend part or the whole of our website or any of the services offered on our website, at any time, for any period of time, and for any reason without telling you beforehand and without liability. We do not guarantee uninterrupted and/or reliable access to our website and make no guarantees as to its operation, functionality or otherwise.
Accuracy of the Content of the Ark Day Website
The information contained in our website has been published in good faith and we will do our best to ensure that it is accurate. Occasionally, it may be incorrect, incomplete or out of date due to human error or circumstances beyond our control. Any reviews, suggestions, guidance, ideas or opinions on our website are for information purposes only; they should not be relied upon and are not recommendations or advice.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
(the data collected, unless for enquiries, is via Google Analytics to identify website performance.)
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Ark Day Committee is the “data controller”.
- We may retain any Data you submit for up to 14 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- improvement of our products / services;
We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services (“enquiry data”). The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you that have been the basis for your enquiry.
This data is not used in any generic marketing, added to any marketing database or shared with any other third parties, except selected data processors, who may have access to our website. Any enquiry data supplied is only kept for the duration of your enquiry if it does not result in a specific provision of services.
Third party websites and services
Ark Day Committee may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Controlling use of your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Ark Day Committee (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £10.
- Data security is of great importance to Ark Day Committee and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Ark Day Committee to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Type of Cookie –
- Purpose Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, remembering your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
In the delivery of this website, third parties may have direct or indirect access to some aspects of any personal data collected. Our Data Processors include:
- TSO Host – website hosting ( see processor agreement )
- Google Inc. – Google Analytics ( see processor agreement )
You may contact Ark Day Committee by email at email@example.com.
15 January 2019